If you are new in using a device, you need to do brilliant things in using it. Most of the time we often fail to do the right things because of the high and overwhelming excitement of using it. So, the usual thing that happens is to explore the device and learn to use it without even asking any help.
That is actually a good way of using your own intelligence. Learning out of curiosity, is fine, but it is not true in all situations. For example, when it comes to gadgets and electronic devices. It will be better to learn using it properly. There are recommended settings and installations needed. So, if you are not aware about such concerns, then your device might not work well.
There are people who would like to use fish finders for fishing. A fish finder is a modern device that transmits sound waves under the water and gets information under the water. You can view the information through the monitor of this device. Not everybody knows how to use it. Not everybody has time to learn setting it up and installing it. But, proper way of mounting, installing and setting up a fish finder is necessary to get the best possible results.
Steps on how to use Fish Finder
So, we have here simple steps about using a fish finder. At first, things might be tough or confusing, but as soon as you learn how to use fish finder, then everything will be fine and smooth.
- The very first step that you must not fail to do is to read the User Manual of your Fish Finder. Most of the time, people skip reading the manual because they find it boring. But, sometimes we need to check it for some details and technical information. It is advisable to get familiarize with the technical terms needed. It is not good to be ignorant when everybody is talking about devices. This is also a good way to know the different parts of your device.
- The second step is about mounting your fish finder. It is also stated in your manual about how you are going to mount the fish finder. Buy one here: Outdoortricks. You could mount the fish finder in several ways. We have the transom, troll, hull or a portable type of mounting. Now, if you are not sure about how you are going to mount your device, then you may consult an expert to do it for you.
- Now, you may turn the fish finder on. Of course, the setup is automatic and factory settings will run. When you get used to operating the fish finder, then you can customize the settings according to what you need. After turning it on, take some time to move around the river, sea or lake. Observe what is happening on the monitor of your fish finder. It is not necessary for you to catch fish at this time. Get used to the screen interface first.
- Next, start adjusting the features of your device. Check the Sensitivity settings because this will also adjust the power of your device. If the sensitivity is low, then the quality of the display is low. You may set it from 75 to 100%. Try different sensitivity settings to get the best setting for your device.
- Now, you may turn off the feature for your Fish ID. This will enable you to view accurately and then, naturally see the fish arches on the monitor.
- At first, the depth is set automatically. But, you may set the view to lower limits. This will enable you to have a better screen resolution when displayed in a smaller window.
- You will also notice a Depth Cursor, you may move this up or down on the screen to get a more detailed information about the depth of the fish. This will serve as your basis in dropping your bait.
- The last step is to check the setting of the suppressor. This will help you eliminate noise. Proper mounting of your transducer also helps in eliminating noise.
Those are the steps on how to use a fish finder. Simple and basic steps are the key to your success in using a fish finder.